Ganz netten Artikel über Darkfall auf IGN gefunden. Der Author hat Darkfall nie gespielt (würde aber gerne). Das ganze handelt von der unkonventionellen Entwicklung eines unabhängigen Studios, und darauf folgend dem unkonventionellen Launch und aufgetretenen Problemen dabei.

Aber auch über die Fanbase und die guten und schlechten Seiten am Game als quasi UO Nachfolger. Ebenso über die Medien Erscheinung Tasos und die Informations Politik. Also auf jeden Fall lesenwert:

Antwort auf
I've read little blurbs throughout the years about Darkfall, which the faithful believe to be the spiritual successor to Ultima Online and Asheron's Call, two very influential and highly regarded MMORPGs. I have read in various MMORPG centric forums opinions ranging from Darkfall being the savior of sandbox MMO to the Duke Nukem Forever of the genre.

[...]

Fans of the game are triumphing the developer for what they have accomplished as an independent studio, and there is no lack of love for Darkfall by many who have experienced the game in beta, as well as those who were one of the few that were able to secure a preorder and play the 30 or so hours the server has been up since launch

Den ganzen Artikel gibt es hier bei IGN.

Und angelehnt an das Schlusswort vom Author ... please don't take my stuff! smile